We are happy to introduce monitoring of VMware Horizon from Site24x7!
Monitor the health and performance of virtual desktops and desktop pools along with the end-user experience - from a single console.
Why monitor VMware Horizon?
Constant monitoring is essential to understand this complex environment comprised of the client-server, its network, and the connected desktops. Using insights gained from watching these trends, IT admins can:
- Know the problematic machines
- Identify which virtual desktops are using up more resources
- Detect end user experience issues like hanging applications and slow sessions.
Site24x7 VMware Horizon Monitoring:
Site24x7 monitors the infrastructure and its related components for different metrics specific to your VMware Horizon and VMware View Connection Servers.
- Get a summary of all View Connection Servers, overall sessions, desktop pools, and the details of the associated events database.
- Get a glimpse of the number of desktop pools, managed VMs, unmanaged machines, desktop sessions, application sessions, and problematic vCenter VMs.
- Obtain details on the connections to View Connection Server, vCenter server, security server, View Composer server, and RDS server to obtain deep understanding on the connected resources.
- Know if the Universal Access Gateway (UAG) associated with your VMware Horizon is active, staled, or connected.
Ensure to have the Site24x7 On-Premise Poller version 4.4.6 or above to use this feature. Refer our help documentation for step-by-step instructions.
For any questions, comment in the below thread or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org