Introducing Site24x7's Guidance Report for AWS - increase reliability, enable fault tolerance and reduce unnecessary infrastructure costs associated with your AWS footprint and get the most out of your cloud investment. Our Guidance Report evaluates configuration settings and monitors resource utilization stats of core AWS services like EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancers and EBS volumes, compares them with our best practice checks, generates a report and notifies you via email.
Not just email, the Guidance Report also forms an integral part of the Site24x7 console. Site24x7 subscription holders who are monitoring their AWS accounts can select the "Guidance Report" listing under the monitored account dropdown to view recommendation checks applicable for their account. The report provides advice on a number of categories; identify unused or idle resources to improve AWS savings, get information regarding inbuilt AWS mechanisms to achieve high availability and examine configuration settings to identify avenues of improvement.
A high-level snapshot of the number of best practice checks applicable for your monitored AWS account is shown at the top of the report, segregated by severity (High, Moderate, Low) represented by a color code. If your AWS footprint is really large and you have a lot of resources listed in the Guidance Report then you can use our filter option to view only resources that match a search criteria.
| Color code
|| Warrants investigation
||No action required
- Currently, the Guidance Report only provides best practice checks for monitored EC2, ELB (Classic and Application type only) and EBS resources.
- For already monitored AWS accounts, the Guidance Report will be activated, and an email report will be sent to the mail address of the organization admin.
- For newly integrated AWS accounts, it'll take around 1 hour to build the Guidance Report.
- The report will be updated and refreshed every week with newly monitored resources.
- Weekly email reports will be triggered from the time of AWS account integration.
- Guidance report is free for an unlimited period and an unlimited number of AWS accounts.
Before I finish, I just want to drop a quick important note. The real power of the Guidance Report would only come to fruition when customers such as you start contributing to it. Our development team is already in the process of adding more checks for varied categories/resources. If you have a particular best practice check catering to your AWS environment, we would love to add it as well. So please feel free to type in your suggestion as replies to this forum post.
Guidance Report best practice checks
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)