I am unclear how to properly monitor a Hyper-V estate comprising of many hosts in a cluster. Please advise?
Currently, Site24x7 supports monitoring of Hyper-V and failover clusters separately. We don't provide integrated monitoring of both Hyper-V and failover cluster as of now. To start monitoring Hyper-V, download and install the Site24x7 Windows agent in each of the Hyper-V host. This will also auto-discover and monitor the failover clusters.
We will take up integrated monitoring of Hyper-V and failover cluster as a feature request. Please take a few minutes to answer our below queries that would help us implement the feature better:
1. What is the kind of cluster that you would like to monitor and how many VMs are present over it?
2. Is the cluster's secondary location in another geography?
3. Do you want to be alerted when there are failovers happening between active and passive nodes?
4. Do you wish to monitor the heartbeat sync between active and passive nodes?
5. Do the Hyper-V clusters use Clustered Shared Volume?
6. Would you like to be alerted on the live migration of VMs happening in the Hyper-V cluster?
7. Would you like to view your entire Hyper-V cluster infrastructure in one console? Please do add if you want to have any other exclusive dashboards.
Responses to the above queries would help us build the feature to your requirements. Please do add any other requirement as well that you would want us to add to the feature.