Site24x7 exclusive offers IBM WebSphere MQ performance monitoring using the ibm_mq_monitoring.py plugin which was attached in ibm_mq_monitoring.zip
The following metrics are captured in the ibm_mq_monitoring plugin which has been categorized under the following entities of IBM WebSphere MQ.
- Queue Manager metrics
- Queue metrics
- Channel metrics
Queue Manager Metrics
- Connection_count - The current number of connections to the queue manager.
- Status - Status of the queue manager.
- Queue Name - Name of the queue.
- High Queue Depth - Maximum number of messages on the queue since the queue statistics were last reset
- Msg Dequeue Count - Number of messages removed from the queue since the queue statistics were last reset
- Msg Enqueue Count - The number of messages enqueued. This is the number of messages put on the queue since the queue statistics were last reset.
- Current Queue Depth - The current number of messages on the queue.
- Handles Open (Input Count) - The number of handles that are currently open for input for the queue.
- Handles Open (Output Count) - The number of handles that are currently open for output for the queue.
- Last Msg get Date - Date of the last message successfully destructively read from the queue.
- Last Msg get Time - Time of the last message successfully destructively read from the queue.
- Last Msg put Date - The date of the last message was successfully put into the queue.
- Last Msg put Time - Time of the last message successfully put to the queue.
- Oldest Msg Age - Age of oldest message on the queue.
- No. of Uncommitted Msgs - The number of uncommitted messages on the queue
- Channel Name - The name of the channel.
- Channel Connection Name - The number of connections is described in the summary.
- Channel Status - The current status of the client.
- No. of MQI calls - The number of messages sent or received.
- Bytes Sent - The number of bytes sent.
- Bytes Received - The number of bytes received.
- Buffers Sent - The number of buffers sent.
- Buffers Received - The number of buffers received.
- Channel Substate - The current action is being performed by the channel.
- Channel Start Date - The date the channel started.
- Channel Start Time - The time the channel started.
- Installation of the module pymqi for python3
Installation steps :
- Download and unzip ibm_mq_monitoring.zip attached.
- Place the ibm_mq_monitoring folder under the plugins directory of the site24x7 monagent.
- Open ibm_mq_monitoring.cfg present under ibm_mq_monitoring folder and provide the following details.
Technicians can as well check the output of the ibm_mq_monitoring.py plugin by python3 ibm_mq_monitoring.py plugin manually
python3 ibm_mq_monitoring.py --queue_manager_name=<name of the queue manager> --channel_name=<channel name> --queue_name=<queue_name> --host=<host name> --port=<port number> --username=<optional - username> --password=<optional - password>
Since it's a python plugin, to run in the windows server please follow the steps in the below link, remaining configuration steps are all same.
In case of any clarification, please post your reply in this thread.