Top 7 compliance checks that you shouldn't miss in AWS monitoring
AWS Monitoring-Guidance report compliance checks
As a business owner, you may experience lapses in the compliance and security checks in your AWS environment. With Site24x7 AWS guidance reports, businesses can ensure their deployments adhere to standards in cost, performance, and the security of their AWS environment and make informed decisions about how to optimize their cloud infrastructure. The report also provides insights into the overall health of an organization's AWS environment and identifies potential performance bottlenecks or security vulnerabilities.
Use case: Site24x7 Guidance Report
Take the example of a user who is facing significant performance issues in Amazon EC2 instances. The Site24x7 Guidance Report may suggest resizing EC2 instances or adjusting auto-scaling policies to reduce costs or increase performance. It may also recommend they implement multi-factor authentication or use encryption to enhance security. Besides providing actionable recommendations, the AWS Guidance Report also offers a comprehensive view of an organization's AWS environment. This can save time and effort when it comes to tracking down performance issues or identifying potential security concerns.
Overall, the Site24x7 AWS Guidance Report is a valuable tool for organizations using AWS. By providing insights into the health of an organization's AWS environment and offering actionable recommendations for improving performance, reducing costs, and enhancing security, the AWS Guidance Report can help businesses get the most out of their AWS investment.
On the right side of law: Compliance checks
Site24x7 conducts compliance checks to ensure that your cloud infrastructure complies with global security and compliance standards and identifies any non-compliant practices. These checks are designed to identify any security vulnerabilities that may exist and provide recommendations for you to comply with best practice recommendations provided in the AWS Guidance Report.
Site24x7 covers top security standards and certifications checks as follows:
1. PCI DSS: The PCI DSS guarantees that an organization handles credit card data securely by creating a safe environment for processing, storing, or transferring it. There are 48 checks done for PCI DSS.
2. GDPR: The GDPR is a regulation that spans across Europe, mandating businesses to safeguard the personal data and privacy of their customers during the processing of said data. There are 37 checks done for the GDPR.
3. NIST: Meeting the requirements of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) is guaranteed when federal agencies comply with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). There are 75 checks done for NIST.
4. APRA: Organizations in the financial and insurance sectors are required by the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA) to enhance their information security framework. There are 81 checks done for ARPA.
5. MAS: Guidelines regarding individual accountability and conduct for financial institutions are enforced by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). There are 71 checks done for MAS.
6. HIPAA: The federal law known as HIPAA, enacted in 1996, forbids the sharing of confidential health information unless the patient has given their consent or is aware of the disclosure. There are 26 checks done for HIPAA.
7. CIS: CIS Benchmarks serve as security guidelines that protect IT systems and data from cyberattacks. CIS Benchmarks involve seven checks.
The Site24x7 Guidance Report for AWS is accessible to both paid and evaluation users of Site24x7. To gain access, current users can either create an IAM user or use a cross-account IAM role to connect their AWS account with Site24x7. Please refer to our help documentation to know more about Site24x7 Guidance Report best practices. You can also visit the Site24x7 AWS monitoring page to learn more about our other monitoring solutions for 50+ AWS services.