Site24x7 Delivers Unparalleled DevOps Support with Addition of Network Monitoring for Enterprises
New Product Makes Site24x7 First Complete SaaS-based Monitoring Solution for DevOps
- Provides in-depth performance insight and optimization for network devices
- Monitors critical performance metrics of routers, switches and firewalls using SNMP
- Access Network Monitoring beta at http://ow.ly/QiAiY
PLEASANTON, Calif – August 04, 2015 – Site24x7, the cloud monitoring service for DevOps and IT operations, today announced the launch of Network Monitoring beta. With the new product,feature providing in-depth performance insight and optimization for network devices, Site24x7 becomes the first all-in-one, SaaS-based monitoring solution to meet the needs of both development and operations (DevOps) teams. The Network Monitoring beta can be accessed at https://www.site24x7.com/network-monitoring.html
To provide better quality software and services, the DevOps methodology stresses improved collaboration and communication between development and IT operations teams as well as improved IT operations performance. However, most DevOps solutions actually impede collaboration and communication by taking a development- or IT operations-centric approach to monitoring, which forces one of the teams to adopt additional tools to meet its needs. Now, Site24x7 provides unparalleled balance and depth of monitoring, so both development and operations teams can collaborate around a single tool.
By adding network monitoring to Site24x7, we deliver on the DevOps promise with one console that provides comprehensive monitoring from applications to infrastructure and end
users, said Gibu Mathew, director of product management, Site24x7.
development and IT operations teams in touch and on the same page, literally; so they can focus
on the performance and availability of critical applications, without getting bogged down in
confusing or inconsistent data - or worse - finger pointing.
Enterprise-class Network Monitoring
The Network Monitoring product is based on ManageEngine's proven, enterprise-class network performance monitoring software, OpManager. The new product provides comprehensive monitoring for critical network components such as routers, switches and firewalls. By running a network discovery using SNMP, Network Monitoring automatically discovers network devices to monitor. Network Monitoring includes:
- Router Monitoring, which monitors critical router performance metrics such as CPU, memory utilization, buffer hit stats and more. Router monitoring also pinpoints unusual performance and assists in isolating issues faster.
- Switch Monitoring, which analyses the status and availability of switch ports and actively monitors them. It also identifies highly utilized and under-utilized ports.
- Firewall Monitoring, which monitors the availability and performance of firewall devices as well as monitors critical metrics such as firewall CPU utilization, active sessions count and more.
DevOps Promise Delivered
In one solution, Site24x7 provides the monitoring services that enable DevOps teams to work together to improve software development and IT operations. Site24x7 monitors website, web, and mobile applications; application performance; infrastructure (server and network); and public and private clouds.
- For developers, Site24x7 tracks application response times and monitors real user experience. For developers working with Java, .Net, Ruby and mobile platforms, Site24x7 can drill down into transactions to identify the root cause of performance problems in the application stack, e.g., app, web server, SQL queries, or database.
- For IT operations teams, Site24x7 monitors website and web application availability and performance, tracks the availability and performance of servers and the network infrastructure, and provides end users with availability and performance dashboards.
Pricing and Availability
Network Monitoring is available immediately to evaluate for free during beta testing. Access the
Network Monitoring beta at https://www.site24x7.com/network-monitoring.html.
For more information on Site24x7, please visit http://www.site24x7.com/; follow the blog at https://www.site24x7.com/blog/, on forums https://www.site24x7.com/community/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Site24x7 and on Twitter at @Site24x7.
Site24x7 offers unified cloud monitoring for DevOps and IT operations. Monitor the experience of real users accessing websites and applications from desktop and mobile devices. In-depth monitoring capabilities enable DevOps teams to monitor and troubleshoot applications, servers and network infrastructure including private and public clouds. End user experience monitoring is done from 50+ locations across the world and various wireless carriers. For more information on Site24x7, please visit http://www.site24x7.com/.
Media Contact:Dottie O’Rourke
Site24x7 and ManageEngine are registered trademarks of Zoho Corp. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.