Most organizations with multiple business units have different monitoring, reporting, and alerting requirements for each of their teams. Some teams may need to monitor creations and deletions, while others might need greater control over user permissions.
With the launch of Site24x7 Teams Management, we now offer multi-team setup, allowing you to segregate and streamline your monitoring for various IT resources from a unified console. Management of multiple teams helps you achieve greater security and flexibility over account administration. You can create teams based on geography, monitor type, resource ownership, and business application.
Benefits of Site24x7 Teams Management
- Teams Management lets you logically partition the monitoring data of each team from one another. Providing each team a unique team space helps mitigate any accidental deletions or changes of monitors among different teams. Compared to administration using Monitor Groups, Teams Management offers better resource optimization and account handling.
- Teams Management allows individual teams to have independent user roles. This way, same users can have different user permissions under different team accounts.
- Teams Management helps improve your overall Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) by consolidating previously independent troubleshooting teams in a single performance monitoring platform.
- Teams Management lets you wholly handle subscription and billing for all your teams—including purchasing upgrades and additional add-ons and alert credits—from a single console.
- Imagine your organization has several IT assets located at multiple geographic locations, with separate ITOps teams handling monitoring at each of these locations. With various teams using the same monitoring account, it can eventually lead to a lack of operational cohesiveness, and before you even realize, troubleshooting difficulties start to creep into the system. By enabling Teams Management, you can securely partition the monitoring, reporting, and alerting activities of these individual teams and access their operation from a unified console, regardless of the team's geographic location.
- If individual teams in your organization need exclusive rights to access their IT monitoring reports and dashboards, you can try out Teams Management to enable secure team-based reporting.
- If you wish to set up a Site24x7 account for your training teams without hampering your actual production environment, you can do so by enabling Teams Management. You can create a separate team account for trainees, where they can safely add and delete monitors. Additionally, you can have multiple team accounts where DevOps can manage their dedicated team monitors.
Licensing and configuration
To create additional teams, you must purchase teams add-ons for $9 per team per month (billed annually) or $10 per team per month. You must have a Pro, Classic, Elite, Enterprise, or Enterprise Plus Web Paid Plans in Site24x7 to enable Teams Management. Upon enabling Teams Management, your current Site24x7 account will be automatically assigned as the default team account in the Teams Management console.
Read our user guide to learn how to configure teams. Check out our API guide to learn how to remotely set up teams using our documented REST APIs.
Important points to note
- After enabling Teams Management, you can’t revert to your previous Site24x7 account setup.
- All of your current monitoring and configuration data—including any business licenses—will remain intact, even after enabling Teams Management.
Well, that's it for now. We’d love to hear your feedback on Teams Management, so please let us know what you think. If you have any questions, you can get in touch with us at email@example.com.