Though its in beta form, I have been using it. Its definitely a good feature addition to site24x7. I would like to have the following features in SNMP Traps:
1. For a device to be added in a trap processor it must be a licensed node, which is fine. The challenge is for many devices we monitor a different IP address than the interface from where the trap is generated. There is a business case for this, which cannot be changed. So, in effect for those devices I am consuming two licenses, which is not fair. There should be a way in a monitor, to add another IP address to an existing monitor from where the traps are generated.
2. When I click on "View all traps", it shows the list, which is fine. However, when I click on a particular trap received from that list, no further information is displayed. Most of the text contents in the "trap message" column is hidden and I cannot read it. It will be good to have this information displayed in a window below. That window should display all information about a trap when I click on any of the traps listed above.
3. When I clear a trap (either trouble or down state), it goes away from the the main window and appears in the "View all traps" page. However, if the trap message is received for a clear state (e.g. link up), there is no way to move that message from the main window and it stays there, which is annoying. There should be a button to move those trap messages to the "View All traps" page.
4. In the "View All Traps" page, you should allow some filtering criteria e.g. display traps from a particular monitor or certain types of traps or traps received between certain date/time condition.
5. How can I raise an alert based on certain traps I am interested in?
6. When I want to view the unsolicited traps, I can only select one onsite poller at a time. Why not allow all the onsite pollers at the same time, it saves time for customer.
7. When I click on an entry in the trap processor, I can see the monitors attached to this trap process. However, I cannot add or remove monitors from this trap processor. It will be good to have this feature.
8. What happens when I receive multiple traps with same OID from a single device (e.g multiple interfaces down in a switch, it will send one trap for each interface)? Does it show all the traps? I think its not.
9. Finally, for most traps, we expect a trouble/down and then subsequently another trap with service up/clear. It will be good to have an option to automatically clear those traps instead of someone manually clearing.