Monitoring Windows services does not rely on the status of the associated processes. We get the status of the Windows services using the WMI query Win32_Service's 'started' column.
Irrespective of the Windows service's state (Paused, Start, Resume) the 'started' column returns true, because of this the status of the service is Up although it is still in the initiating (Start) state.
We have now included this enhancement in our agent, that will be using the exact 'state' of the Windows service. Based on the 'state', the status of the Windows service will be shown in the Site24x7 web client and alerted if it goes down.
Please find the updated agent version attached with this post. Please follow the steps below to install the agent:
1. Uninstall the existing agent
2. Unzip the attached Site24x7WindowsAgent.zip
3. After unzipping, you will be able to find the file Site24x7WindowsAgent.msi
4. Install the Site24x7WindowsAgent.msi
5. Within 5 minutes, you will be see the exact status of the Windows service in the Site24x7 web client.