Based on your requirement, we have written
a Windows Plugin, attached as PrinterJobs.zip. This plugin can
be used in your Windows servers to monitor the jobs of a particular
printer. In case, you want to monitor more than one printer, then
replicate the plugin script by changing its name and the appropriate
How to setup the Plugin?
1. Download the attached zip file.
2. In the 'printerName' variable, replace the
'PRINTER-NAME' value with your printer name.
3. Download and install
the Windows agent.
4. Inside the installation directory, access monitoring >
Plugins (default folder)
Eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Site24x7\WinAgent\monitoring\Plugins
5. Unzip the attached file.
The Windows agent will automatically detect the plugin and mark it
up for monitoring.
Attributes Monitored for each Printer
- Printer Status - Operational status of printer. It is an
integer value. You can configure thresholds on the status of the
printer to be notified when there is an error.
'8' - offline; '4' - Paper jam
- Printer Status Description - Description of the printer's
- Current Jobs Count - Current jobs
available for the printer
- Success Jobs - Count of jobs
- Deleted Jobs - Count of jobs deleted
- Error Jobs - Count of jobs in error state.
- Paused Jobs - Count of jobs paused
- Jobs Offline - Count
of jobs in the offline state
- Spooling Jobs - Count of
jobs in the spooling state
Hope this fits your requirement. Please let us know for further assistance.