Hi Peter and Jasper,
We are looking for this too.
Did you get any resolution anywhere?
To answer Jasper's question (Secondly, Is 30-45 sec a normal behavior for an API response in your case ?), the answer is "yes".
We have a backend that depends on synchronous third-party systems.
- From Site 24x7 we make a request to our backend,
- The backend does a few things, and then sends a request to a third-party system.
- The third-party system responds to the backend
- The back end processes the data received
- The back end responds to Site 24x7
The time between #2 and #3 is highly unpredictable, as the third party, sometimes, takes 3 seconds, and some other times takes 45-90 seconds. Therefore, we would like to raise the Read Timeout to 110 seconds to avoid getting non-actionable alerts all around the place.
I hope this answers the question. Please feel free to reach out via my email below if we need to discuss anything regarding this.