Please find some of the limitations on the Site24x7 Custom Plugins below.
Update : We have fixed some of the limitations listed earlier. Hence, I am updating the post with the details below:
1. The plugin version must be changed every time a new attribute is added/modified/deleted
2. Plugin version is distinct even for the same plugin maintained in multiple servers
When a Plugin is created by the user, Site24x7 automatically creates a template for each version. When the version is changed, a new template is created. If the version number of a plugin matches an existing template, Site24x7 will use the existing template only(even if the Plugin is on a different server). So it is recommended to use the same set of attributes for a specific version. This is the current behavior of the Plugin and this is as per design.
3. Attribute names should not be more than 30 characters -> This is not exactly a restriction. More than 30 characters will impact the UI. Hence, we recommend less than 30 characters.
We have resolved the below limitations. However, the fixes are not Live in Site24x7 yet. I will update this thread once the below limitations are resolved in Live:
4. Attribute names should contain only alphanumeric characters and the special character _ (underscore)
5. By default, a plugin shows only 2 attributes in the Site24x7 web client
6. Monitor Groups are not supported for plugins
7. Every time the version number is updated in a plugin, there will be a mismatch in the existing threshold profiles
8. It is not possible to add a plugin with a lower version when a higher version is already available
9. Data will be posted by the plugin only when there is successful execution of the plugin script
Resolving the below limitation is in our Road Map. However, we do not have an exact timeline for the fix:
10. Attribute comparison across plugins of same plugin type is not possible
We also look forward to hear from you on the custom plugins. If there are any difficulties, our support team would be glad to be of any assistance.