Hewlett Packard Enterprises (HPE) Integrated Lights Out (iLO) provides high performance computing resources and it is essential to monitor these mission-critical workloads to ensure stability and immediate response to hardware issues.
Install this plugin to troubleshoot issues, remove resource-intensive processes, and be instantly notified on any server performance issues and outages.
- Thermal condition
- Degraded action
- Status of system, temperature, fan
- Fan index
- Fan locale
- Fan type, speed, and condition
- Redundant partner, hot plugged, and location
- Our Linux server monitoring agent should be installed in the HP server to be monitored.
- While adding a plugin, the plugin name and its folder name inside the Site24x7 agent should be identical.
There are around eight ready-to-install plugins available in GitHub to monitor the battery, CPU, temperature, fan, network interface, and RAID logical volumes.
- Download and install the latest version of the Site24x7 Linux agent in the server where you plan to run the plugin. If it is installed successfully, you will see a Linux server monitor in the Site24x7 Control Panel. This confirms that the agent is able to communicate with our data center.
- Download the required plugin script from our GitHub repository.
For example, to download the plugin for monitoring HP iLO battery,wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/site24x7/plugins/master/hpilo/ilobattery/ilobattery.py
- Configure the HP server hostname, SNMP versions, and read-only community string.
- Create a folder with the plugin name under the Site24x7 Linux agent plugin directory '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/' and place the script file under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/'plugin folder'/'.
For example, if you are using the HP iLO battery plugin, create a folder with the name 'ilobattery' and place the 'ilobattery.py' file under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/ilobattery/'
View Data in the Site24x7 Web Client
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Plugins > click on the name of the plugin monitor.
- You will be able to view the hardware metrics of your HP iLO servers.