View code changes, detect buggy code, and resolve it quicker and effectively. This ready-to-install plugin helps track GitLab incidents, understand the end-to-end flow of a request, and be instantly notified on application errors.
Some of the metrics provided for this plugin include:
- Merge Requests
- Total, Open, and Closed Issues
- Project Name
- Managed Licenses
- Make sure a private token is created to monitor your GitLab account. Create a token if you don't have one yet.
- Our Linux server monitoring agent should be installed in the server.
- While adding a plugin, the plugin name and its folder name inside the Site24x7 agent should be identical.
- Download and install the latest version of the Site24x7 Linux agent in the server where you plan to run the plugin. If it is installed successfully, you will see a Linux server monitor in the Site24x7 Control Panel. This confirms that the agent is able to communicate with our data center.
- Download the git_lab.py and git_lab.cfg files from our GitHub repository.
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/site24x7/plugins/master/git_lab/git_lab.pywget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/site24x7/plugins/master/git_lab/git_lab.cfg
- In the 'git_lab.cfg' file, add the project ID(s) to be monitored. Sample configuration:
[display_name]personal_access_token='9LdYrk1ju3avs-Xth&jkQyu'project_id='1689076'where display_name denotes the monitor name to be displayed in the Site24x7 web client and 'project_id' denotes the project ID to be monitored.
- Create a folder with the name 'git_lab', under the Site24x7 Linux agent plugin directory '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/' and place the 'git_lab.py' and 'git_lab.cfg' files under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/git_lab'.
The agent will automatically execute the plugin within five minutes and send performance data to the Site24x7 data center.
View Data in the Site24x7 Web Client
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Plugins > click on the name of the plugin monitor.
- You will be able to view GitLab instances.
Feel free to contribute to our existing plugin and come up with suggestions or feedback on our Community.