Atlassian Bitbucket helps build continuous delivery (CI) pipelines to test and deploy applications directly out of your Bitbucket project repository. Monitor Bitbucket pipelines to get real-time data on load tests or a new project artifact deployed into production.
- Ensure JMX configuration is enabled correctly. Please refer the below section to enable JMX configuration.
- Our Linux/Windows server monitoring agent should be installed in the Bitbucket server.
- While adding a plugin, the plugin name and its folder name inside the Site24x7 agent should be identical.
- Go to your atlassian_home/shared directory.
- Open the bitbucket.properties file and add this line:
- Go to your atlassian_home/atlassian-bitbucket-*.*.*/bin directory and open 'set-jmx-opts.sh' file for Linux and 'set-jmx-opts.bat' for Windows.
- Set JMX_REMOTE_PORT=3333 as the port number. Save the file.
- Go to JAVA_HOME/bin directory and run jconsole.
- You can see a service named org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap running. It denotes your JMX is running properly. If you face any problems with the configuration, read this documentation
- Download and install the latest version of the Site24x7 Linux agent in the network where you plan to run the plugin. If it is installed successfully, you will see a Linux server monitor in the Site24x7 Control Panel. This confirms that the agent is able to communicate with our data center.
- Download the bitbucket.sh and the Bitbucket.java files from our GitHub repository.
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/site24x7/plugins/master/bitbucket/bitbucket.shwget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/site24x7/plugins/master/bitbucket/Bitbucket.java
- Edit the file 'bitbucket.sh' to configure the HOSTNAME, PORT, RMI_UNAME, and RMI_PASSWORD. The values for 'RMI_UNAME' and 'RMI_PASSWORD' can also be set through environmental variables.
- Create a folder with the name 'bitbucket', under the Site24x7 Linux agent plugin directory '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/' and place the 'bitbucket.sh' and 'Bitbucket.java' files under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/bitbucket/'.
- Download and install the latest version of the Site24x7 Windows agent in the network where you plan to run the plugin. If it is installed successfully, you will see a Windows server monitor in the Site24x7 Control Panel. This confirms that the agent is able to communicate with our data center.
- Download the bitbucket.bat and the Bitbucket.java files from our GitHub repository.
- Edit the file 'bitbucket.bat' to configure the HOSTNAME, PORT, RMI_UNAME, and RMI_PASSWORD.
- Create a folder with the name 'bitbucket', under the Site24x7 Windows agent plugin directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Site24x7\WinAgent\monitoring\Plugins\ and place the 'bitbucket.bat' and 'Bitbucket.java' files under 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Site24x7\WinAgent\monitoring\Plugins\bitbucket\'
The agent will automatically execute the plugin within five minutes and send performance data to the Site24x7 data center.
View Data in the Site24x7 Web Client
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Plugins > click on the name of the plugin monitor.
- You will be able to view the performance charts on the various metrics for your Bitbucket setup.
Feel free to contribute to our existing plugin and come up with suggestions or feedback on our Community.