SNMP monitoring for Meraki devices
- Effortlessly monitor your Cisco Meraki devices with Site24x7's SNMP-based SNMP-based Network Monitoring.
- Detect and add devices automatically, and track their status, health, and performance with device templates and performance metrics.
- Monitor the metrics of your choice with custom SNMP monitoring and stay on top of any issues with instant SNMP traps alerts.
REST-API-based monitoring for Cisco Meraki devices
- Check the availability of your Cisco Meraki switches, wireless devices, security appliances, and cameras from the cloud. Receive real-time alerts when your devices go down and obtain better control over your Cisco Meraki environment.
- Track the response time and packet loss of your security appliances, configure thresholds and receive alerts at these metric levels, and receive alerts through the ITSM tools that your organization uses.
- REST-API-based monitoring directly queries from the Meraki dashboard API, eliminating the need to install a probe. You can also visualize your devices using Meraki Map view.
Cisco Meraki Map View
Keep tabs on Cisco Meraki devices monitored using REST-API conveniently in Meraki Map View—an easy-to-navigate screen that helps streamline device management.
User-friendly and helpful interface
Displays device information when you hover over each one.
Location-agnostic monitoring capability
Allows you to visualize all your devices in a single window.
Enables you to identify and address device issues quickly.
Performance metrics of Cisco Meraki Cloud Controller
Cisco Meraki Cloud Controller is a centralized management solution which eliminates the need for an on-site hardware controller. You can monitor the entire Cisco Meraki infrastructure, including nodes, ports, service set identifier (SSID), and virtual local area networks (VLANs), using performance counters.
|The media access control (MAC) address of the device.
|The name of the device.
|The status of the device's connection to the Cisco Meraki Cloud Controller.
|Device contacted at
|The last time the device contacted the Cloud Controller.
|Indicates the number of clients currently associated with the device.
|Indicates whether the device is currently acting as a gateway or a repeater.
|Device public IP
|Indicates whether the device is currently acting as a gateway, as opposed to a repeater.
|The serial number of the device.
|Device product code
|The product code of the device.
|Device product description
|The description of the product.
|Device network name
|The device network name at this location, which is useful for tables.
You can also monitor the temperature, memory utilization, CPU utilization, and other metrics using performance counters.
Common SNMP traps for Cisco Meraki Cloud Controller
SNMP traps are events generated and sent by a device and captured by a trap receiver whenever a change of state or anomaly is detected. Alerts are generated once the traps are received by Site24x7. Here is a list of the common SNMP traps generated by Cisco Meraki Cloud Controller:
|Alerts when a device becomes unreachable from the Meraki cloud.
|Alerts when a device reconnects to the Meraki cloud.
|Alerts when unreachable devices have been detected on the network, and firewall settings need to be adjusted.
|Alerts when an unknown access point appears on the network.
|Alerts when a new Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server appears on the network.
|Alerts when DHCP leases are exhausted.
|Alerts when a rogue DHCP server is detected. Contains the MAC address, IP, subnet, and virtual local area network (VLAN) of the Rogue DHCP server.
|Alerts when an uplink status changes.
|Alerts when upcoming firewall information changes have been made and firewall settings need to be adjusted.
|Alerts when Meraki Dashboard settings are changed. Includes information about the network admin that made the changes.
|Alerts when virtual private network (VPN) connectivity changes. Contains the IP and port of VPN peer, the MAC address of the device used to connect VPN, and the status whether or not the VPN is on or offline.
|Alerts when a VPN failover is detected.
|Alerts if a client IP conflict is detected.
Out-of-the-box support for Cisco Meraki devices
Here's a partial list of the Cisco Meraki VPN devices supported by default:
- Cisco Meraki MX
- Cisco Meraki MX100
- Cisco Meraki MX64
- Cisco Meraki MX65
- Cisco Meraki MX65W
- Cisco Meraki MX68CW
- Cisco Meraki MX84
- Cisco Meraki MX100
- Cisco Meraki MX250
- Cisco Meraki MX450
- Cisco Meraki MS120-8FP
- Cisco Meraki MS120-24
- Cisco Meraki MS120-24P
- Cisco Meraki MS120-48FP
- Cisco Meraki MS210-48FP
- Cisco Meraki MS225-24P
- Cisco Meraki MS225-48
- Cisco Meraki MS250-24P
- Cisco Meraki MS250-48LP
- Cisco Meraki MS350-24
- Cisco Meraki MR33 Access Point
- Cisco Meraki MR34 Access Point
- Cisco Meraki MR42 Access Point
- Cisco Meraki MR55 Access Point
- Cisco Meraki MR70 Access Point
- Cisco Meraki MR74 Access Point
- Cisco Meraki MR76 Access Point
- Cisco Meraki MR84 Access Point
- Cisco Meraki MR86 Access Point
How does Site24x7 monitor Cisco Meraki devices?
- Supports monitoring your Meraki environment directly by using REST-API or SNMP.
- Discovers SNMP devices using IP name, hostname, or CIDR.
- Allows you to add performance counters of your choice.
- Automatically monitors key SNMP metrics at the interface level.
- Displays graphs of key performance statistics.
- Sends processed SNMP trap messages from your Cisco devices.
- Supports creation of layer 2 maps and topology maps for devices monitored using SNMP and displays devices monitored using REST-API in Meraki Map view.
- Sends prompt alerts about downtime.
- Generates predefined and customizable reports.
Get more than just performance data
Easily monitor thousands of network devices.
Add multiple devices at once using an IP range or CIDR.
Alerts and Reports
Get timely downtime alerts, and view reports with graphs.
Ensure high network availability by allocating bandwidth optimally.