Why is log management important?
SaaS-based application log management and log centralization for DevOps
Maintain and improve your application's performance by analyzing with a centralized solution that is easy-to-use, and helps in quickly identifying and correcting issues effectively. With built-in fast query language-based search, centralized logging and parsing, and support for custom application like IIS, Cassandra, Apache, and more, we help you track and fix a wide array of problems, including:
- External database call failure
- UI unresponsiveness
- File upload failure
- Dynamic user input verification
Track and troubleshoot application performance with Site24x7 APM and look at your custom application logs.
Common log management challenges
Like any other IT process, log management comes with its issues and challenges. To obtain real-time solutions for log management issues, data analysis should be comprehensive as the logs generated are voluminous. The most common challenges include:
- Tracking the exact line of code to troubleshoot issues. Organizations generate a huge amount of logs that need to be filtered and properly tracked.
- Switching tabs to monitor logs from different sources. Logs have to be correlated to properly understand the application behavior, and trace issues.
- Identifying log issues, like exceptions, timeouts, and delays. Promptly alerting IT admins regarding issues is crucial.
- Automating appropriate management parameters. Understanding what and when to automate has to be carefully analyzed as logs generate new issues every other day.
Processes involved in log management
Troubleshooting for infrastructure administrators and application teams
System administrators have to access logs every day, whether they're investigating server anomalies and performance slowdowns, or mitigating hacking attempts and server crashes. Quickly track all forms of syslog and access log issues like exceptions, timeouts, and delays with the fast search feature. Consolidate all this information in one place to get contextual correlation between your logs and server data ultimately leading to immediate, actionable insights, all from the cloud. Also, save this search for future reference.
Consolidating logs from multiple servers for a centralized log management
With the ability to auto-discover log formats for more than twenty application-related logs, logs are indexed quickly from across servers. A single, intuitive web interface helps the operations team get contextual correlation along with your server data for quick actionable results.
Features of Site24x7 log management
Monitor log errors and receive instant notifications from our log management software
We've made managing massive volumes of log data simpler with threshold based alerting via email, SMS and voice call. Be it a recurring error code, response time spike or application failure, we'll notify it instantly so you can take preventive and recovery actions.
Derive quick, actionable insights with our SaaS-based log monitoring software
Filter, search, and analyze any incoming log data with our simple and intuitive web client that provides both a numeric and text-based search. Use greater than (>) and lesser than (<) queries in the case of a numeric search, and substring queries for a text-based search. You can search up to five days worth of logs in one go, and search for logs that are up to 30 days old.
Robust cloud log monitoring with indexing for faster and distributed search
All incoming raw log entries are systematically sorted, documented, and named to make them easily identifiable and are showcased as a table. The default pattern of your records are noted and grouped into specific log types, aiding in faster search and retrieval. You can associate them with a server or a set of servers to narrow or broaden your search field.
How does our log management tool work?
- Our log monitoring solution comes bundled with Site24x7's Server Monitoring agent. Once you've installed the agent, it collects your logs and pushes them to our storage server for full-fledged server log management.
- The agent searches through your server and detects the native log patterns of more than 30 different applications, in addition to log patterns that you define.
- Entries will start appearing within five minutes after you've installed the agent, and you can begin searching using keywords from our web client.
- You can also configure to receive alerts through e-mail, SMS, voice call, and instant messenger to be notified of issues.
- If you're already using Site24x7 APM, you can choose to monitor your application and search with our intuitive UI to gain quick, actionable insights, all from a single web client.
- Get insight on subscription-level events, operational data, and determine the status of all operations occurred in your Azure and AWS resources for a complete cloud log management.
The benefits of using Site24x7 for log management
Out of the box support for common applications
All your typical application logs (e.g. IIS, Cassandra, Apache, NGINX, etc.) and logging frameworks (e.g. Log4j, Log4Net, and NLog) are automatically recognized. You can also define your own log pattern that can be saved as a custom format. Logs falling under any default or custom format will be automatically retrieved during auto-discovery. You can also pull log files from your remote servers and manage them.
Manage logs from different cloud service providers
Site24x7 automatically recognizes and manages your AWS and Azure logs. You can easily manage Cloudtrail, CloudFront, CloudWatch, S3, and Load Balancer logs with a simple configuration. Collect and analyze logs from Azure App Service, Active Directory, Functions, Front Door, Cosmos DB, and more for a fullfledged cloud log monitoring.
Agile log monitoring with visual aids
Troubleshoot faster than ever with visual aids, such as graphs, helping you pinpoint the number of times a particular log has been indexed and keyword-based searches. Create an exclusive dashboard to manage your logs with multiple widget types to view different log types.