Oracle WebLogic is a Java EE application server. Install and use our WebLogic monitoring tool and get detailed insights into database activity and health..
This document details how to configure the WebLogic plugin and the monitoring metrics for providing in-depth visibility into the performance, availability, and usage stats of WebLogic servers.
WebLogic performance monitoring metrics:
Install and configure the WebLogic plugin to monitor the performance metrics of your Oracle WebLogic server. Use these key indicators to take informed troubleshooting decisions and ensure continuous functioning of your WebLogic server:
Java heap memory
The metric heap_size_current gives us the current size of Java heap memory of the WebLogic server in GB.
Gives us the health status of all the WebLogic servers currently being monitored.
- Supported only from WebLogic server version 12 and above
WebLogic plugin installation:
- Create a directory with the name "weblogic", under Site24x7 Linux Agent plugin directory - /opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/
- Download the file "weblogic.py" from our GitHub repository and place it under the "weblogic" directory
- Commands to perform the above step:
cd /opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/mkdir weblogiccd weblogicwget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/site24x7/plugins/master/weblogic/weblogic.py
- Once the plugin file is downloaded, the agent will mark it up in the next data collection and you can view it in Site24x7 client
WebLogic plugin configuration:
- Make the following changes in the apache plugin file "weblogic.py" - /opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/weblogic/weblogic.py
- The default python path given in the plugin script is #!/usr/bin/python. If you wish to provide an alternate python path, replace the existing one preceded by the shebang character "#!".
- Change the values of WEBLOGIC_HOST, WEBLOGIC_PORT, WEBLOGIC_USERNAME and WEBLOGIC_PASSWORD to match your configurations in the WebLogic plugin file (earlier copied to agent's plugin directory)
- Save the changes and restart the agent.
Monitoring additional metrics:
- To monitor additional metrics, edit the "weblogic.py" file and add the new metrics that need monitoring
- Increment the plugin version value in the file "weblogic.py" to view the newly added metrics ( For e.g. Change the default plugin version from PLUGIN_VERSION = "1" to "PLUGIN_VERSION = "2")
- MySQL plugin - Analyze performance of your MySQL database servers
- Memcached plugin - Analyze performance of your Memcached server
- NGINX plugin - Optimize NGINX server performance and get comprehensive management reports
- Nagios plugin - Execute thousands of Nagios plugins in Site24x7 without the need of running a Nagios server
- Out-of-the-box plugins - Monitor your entire app stack with our extensive list of integrations
- Create custom plugins - Create custom Linux and Windows plugins and monitor custom attributes
World's leading companies