Effective software update management helps overcome security issues, maintain operational efficiency and stability of IT infrastructure. Install this plugin to be instantly notified on software update deployments.
- Packages to be updated
- Security updates
- Our Linux server monitoring agent should be installed in the server where the software updates need to be monitored.
- While adding a plugin, the plugin name and its folder name inside the Site24x7 agent should be identical.
- Download and install the latest version of the Site24x7 Linux agent in the server where you plan to run the plugin. If it is installed successfully, you will see a Linux server monitor in the Site24x7 Control Panel. This confirms that the agent is able to communicate with our data center.
- Download the check_updates.py file from our GitHub repository.
- By default, the plugin will capture the software update count from the file '/var/lib/update-notifier/updates-available'. If it is different, specify the same in 'FILE_PATH' of 'check_updates.py'
- Create a folder with the name 'check_updates', under the Site24x7 Linux agent plugin directory '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/' and place the 'check_updates.py' file under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/check_updates/'.
The agent will automatically execute the plugin within five minutes and send performance data to the Site24x7 data center.
View Data in the Site24x7 Web Client
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Plugins > click on the name of the plugin monitor.
- You will be able to view the count of software updates to be installed in your Linux servers.
Feel free to contribute to our existing plugin and come up with suggestions or feedback on our Community.