Couchbase is an open source database software which has a document-oriented NoSQL architecture. Install and use our Couchbase monitoring tool and get detailed insights into database activity and health.
This document details how to configure the Couchbase plugin and the monitoring metrics for providing in-depth visibility into the performance, availability, and usage stats of Couchbase servers.
Performance Monitoring Metrics
Configure Couchbase server plugin to monitor the performance metrics of your Couchbase server. Use these key indicators to take informed troubleshooting decisions and ensure continuous functioning of your Couchbase server:
Total hard disk space
Get an overall view of your hard disk space with
hdd.total. The metric will give you information on the total hard disk space available in your Couchbase server.
Hard disk quota
Use the metric
hdd.quotaTotal and get information on the different hard disk quotas available in your Couchbase server for various purposes.
Hard disk used for data
Use the metric
hdd.usedByData and get information on the total hard disk space available for data.
Used hard disk space
hdd.used will give us information on how much hard disk space has been currently used.
RAM in use
ram.used will give us information on how much memory is currently being used.
RAM used for data
ram.quotaUsed gives the information on how much memory quota is available for storing data.
ram.total provides the information on how much total memory is available.
- Ensure Couchbase is installed in the server and it should be up and running.
- This plugin uses '/pools/default' url to fetch the performance metrics. By default, it is configured during the installation of Couchbase itself. If not, please configure it.
- Download and install the latest version of the Site24x7 Linux agent in the server where you plan to run the plugin. If it is installed successfully, you will see a Linux server monitor in the Site24x7 Control Panel. This confirms that the agent is able to communicate with our data center.
- Download the couchserver.py file from our GitHub repository.
- By default, Couchbase plugin uses the status url 'http://127.0.0.1:5894/_stats' to fetch the performance metrics. To change the existing configuration, edit the '#Config Section' in the 'couchserver.py' file.
#Config Section:COUCHBASE_HOST ='127.0.0.1'COUCHBASE_PORT ="5984"COUCHBASE_STATS_URI="/_stats/"COUCHBASE_USERNAME =NONECOUCHBASE_PASSWORD =NONE
- Create a folder with the name 'couchserver', under Site24x7 Linux Agent plugin directory '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/' and place the 'couchserver.py' under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/couchserver/'
The agent will automatically execute the plugin within five minutes and send performance data to the Site24x7 data center.
Manually execute the plugin script using the following command and verify its output:
View Data in the Site24x7 Web Client
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Plugins > Name of Plugin Monitor.
- You will be able to view the performance charts on the various metrics for your Couchbase server.
Feel free to contribute to our existing plugin and come up with suggestions or feedback on our Community.