Couchbase is an open source database software which has a document-oriented NoSQL architecture. Install and use our Couchbase monitoring tool and get detailed insights into database activity and health.
This document details how to configure the Couchbase plugin and the monitoring metrics for providing in-depth visibility into the performance, availability, and usage stats of Couchbase servers.
Couchbase performance monitoring metrics:
Configure Couchbase server plugin to monitor the performance metrics of your Couchbase server. Use these key indicators to take informed troubleshooting decisions and ensure continuous functioning of your Couchbase server:
Total hard disk space
Get an overall view of your hard disk space with "hdd.total". The metric will give you information on the total hard disk space available in your Couchbase server.
Hard disk quota
Use the metric "hdd.quotaTotal" and get information on the different hard disk quotas available in your Couchbase server for various purposes.
Hard disk used for data
Use the metric "hdd.usedByData" and get information on the total hard disk space available for data.
Used hard disk space
The metric "hdd.used" will give us information on how much hard disk space has been currently used.
RAM in use
The metric "ram.used" will give us information on how much memory is currently being used.
RAM used for data
The metric "ram.quotaUsed" will give us information on how much memory quota is available for storing data.
The metric "ram.total" will give us information on how much total memory is available.
How it works?
- Ensure Couchbase is installed in the server and it should be up and running
- This plugin uses '/pools/default' url to fetch the performance metrics
- By default, it is configured during the installation of Couchbase itself. If not, please configure it
Couchbase plugin installation:
- Create a directory with the name "couchserver", under Site24x7 Linux Agent plugin directory - /opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/
- Download the file "couchserver.py" from our GitHub repository and place it under the "couchserver" directory
- Commands to perform the above step:
- Once the plugin file is downloaded, the agent will mark it up in the next data collection and you can view it in Site24x7 client
Couchbase plugin configuration:
- By default, Couchbase plugin uses the status url 'http://127.0.0.1:5894/_stats' to fetch the performance metrics
- In order to change the monitoring configuration, go to plugins directory and edit the required plugin file
- The default python path given in the plugin script is #!/usr/bin/python. If you wish to provide an alternate python path, replace the existing one preceded by the shebang character "#!"
- Make your changes in the config section (example given below)
Couchbase plugin file location - /opt/site24x7agent/monagent/plugins/couchserver/couchserver.py
Monitoring additional metrics:
- To monitor additional metrics, edit the "couchserver.py" file and add the new metrics that need monitoring
- Increment the plugin version value in the file "couchserver.py" to view the newly added metrics ( For e.g. Change the default plugin version from PLUGIN_VERSION = "1" to "PLUGIN_VERSION = "2")
- MySQL plugin - Analyze performance of your MySQL database servers
- Memcached plugin - Analyze performance of your Memcached server
- NGINX plugin - Optimize NGINX server performance and get comprehensive management reports
- Nagios plugin - Execute thousands of Nagios plugins in Site24x7 without the need of running a Nagios server
- Out-of-the-box plugins - Monitor your entire app stack with our extensive list of integrations
- Create custom plugins - Create custom Linux and Windows plugins and monitor custom attributes