Proactively monitor the performance of your Microsoft .NET applications
Pinpoint slow .NET application code
Using Site24x7 APM Insight easily identify slow internal invocations (methods) in the .NET code and trace the execution details for URLs. The trace will chart the sequence of internal invocations of the URL allowing you to drill down into transactions to view stack traces and SQL queries for slow or failed requests.
Monitor your database calls
Gain detailed performance metrics to identify the slow database calls, database usage and overall performance of the database with detailed graphical and tabular representations. Some of the things you can do for your database with our agent are:
- Start tuning your database performance and diagnose slowdowns.
- Find the most hit database tables, and determine if specific tables can be indexed well or a collection of queries for a transaction can be used as a stored procedure.
- Find the busiest table and the most performed SQL operation on the table.
- Find the most executed database operations and its response time.
Use APM Insight with Site24x7 IIS monitor
Integrate your APM Insight .NET agent with your Site24x7 IIS monitor to gain a consolidated view of IIS server's health and performance bottlenecks. This integration will provide you with APM Insight's code level performance details as well as IIS monitor's overall application performance and health details in a single console.
Ensure a 360 degree view over your cloud environment
Use Site24x7, and official AWS and Azure partner to monitor all your applications accessing cloud services. APM Insight .NET agent allows you to track applications accessing a wide variety of components in both Microsoft Azure as well as AWS environments.
You can also install Site24x7 Server and .NET monitoring tools directly from the Azure marketplace as extensions to your Azure virtual machines. For detailed information on how to do this, please check out our help page on the same topic.
Track background transactions
Apart from web transactions, track the various background tasks run by applications such as those associated with maintenance, schedulers, messaging etc.
Monitor your custom .NET components
Develop wider insights into your applications and effortlessly track performance of specific features or modules. Custom Instrumentation for .NET agent can be enabled by adding a pre-defined API.
Overview of .NET monitoring
What is Microsoft .NET?
The .NET Framework is a free-to-use, open-source software development platform created by Microsoft in 2002. With the help of Microsoft .NET, you can build various applications that would run on the Windows Platform.
The framework supports various programming languages such as Visual Basic and C# so that developers can pick and select the required language to develop applications.
What is .NET monitoring?
.NET monitoring is the process of monitoring the performance of an application created using the Microsoft .NET Framework. With Microsoft .NET application monitoring, you can track the performance of various .NET web transactions from the front end to the back end, and database levels, helping you gain end-to-end visibility into your application's health and troubleshooting issues before it affects your end users.
Microsoft .NET performance monitoring solutions often use a variety of templates to monitor the health and performance of .NET applications or systems within your Windows operating environment.
Why is it important to monitor Microsoft .NET applications?
A .NET and .NET Core application monitoring tool helps track your application's performance down to the code level and provides detailed reporting of ASP.NET application performance. With the help of instrumentation, it provides various performance metrics, exceptions, and external calls like SQL and HTTP client calls.
A monitoring tool helps to optimize the performance of the corresponding application pool associated with the Microsoft .NET applications. It is often difficult to keep track of all your .NET applications in large, widely-distributed systems environments. However, monitoring .NET applications is vital because you can use these critical insights to improve overall .NET application performance.
What are the benefits of using a .NET monitoring tool?
A .NET monitoring tool helps:
- Identify metrics such as response times, request rates, CPU and memory usage, server load, application throughput, and server health, allowing the organization to identify performance bottlenecks of .NET or .NET Core applications. A Microsoft .NET monitoring tool also helps measure user experience, such as Apdex scores and average response times.
- Provide in-depth metrics like application code-level performance using custom instrumentation and custom application parameters from the application code.
- Track your business activities using application parameter tracking.
- Provide the integrated visibility of the IIS application pool and the .NET application to improve CPU and memory usage.
- Provide the visibility of the user's application flow across the applications in a distributed environment.
Why choose Site24x7 to monitor your Microsoft .NET application performance?
Site24x7's .NET monitoring tool monitors the performance of your application with metrics like response time, throughput, and errors. It also provides continuous supervision of a .NET and .NET Core application's flow and data progression, often representing a track of a single user's journey through an app stack using distributed tracing across the application platforms. Finally, it monitors the performance of external calls from the .NET and .NET Core applications.
Monitor the performance of Java web transactions.Learn More
Analyse the performance of Ruby on Rails based web transactions.Learn More
Get in-depth analysis on all your PHP applications.Learn More