How does Site24x7's DNS monitoring work?
Monitoring DNS server is quite simple. Click on 'New monitor' and select 'DNS Server'.
• Enter DNS host name, port number (default 53), domain name, IP address and the monitoring interval for checking the DNS service.
• Once you add your DNS server for monitoring in Site24x7, our servers will continuously check your dns server at regular time intervals. If we detect any problem with the DNS such as downtime or performance problems, we immediately send out notifications via email/sms/RSS so that you can take the necessary corrective actions.
Using Site24x7's DNS performance monitoring
- Ensure your DNS server is up and performing well.
- Ensure DNS lookups are working and your DNS server is resolving domain names correctly.
- Get instant notifications when there are problems with your server.
- Improve customer experience by improving performance of your web sites.
- Eliminate any risk of loss of revenue and credibility to your business.
To start using our DNS monitor, all you need to do is sign
up for a trial account of Site24x7. No installation required. No software to maintain. Nothing to lose.