DNS Lookup - Free online tool to look up DNS records
Last week, when we had discussed the DNS Server Monitors feature, we had also mentioned about the DNS Lookup tool. Now here are some frequently asked queries about this tool along with their answers.
1. What is DNS Lookup Tool?
DNS Lookup is a free online tool to look up DNS records for a domain.
2. How do I get to the DNS Lookup tool?
It can be accessed from two locations in Site24x7:
- From the website - https://site24x7.com/dns-lookup.html
- From inside your Site24x7 account. The tool can be accessed either from the Tools tab or from the right side panel.
3. How can I use the DNS Lookup tool?
You can use this tool to find out the DNS host names and ip addresses for your domain. Just enter your domain name in the 'Enter Domain Name' field, select the record type from the list box, and click 'Lookup'.
In the above example, I entered zoho.com in the domain name field and selected 'ALL' record. The result shows ip address for zoho domain, along with the DNS host name and mail servers.
Which DNS record types do you query? What do the record types stand for?
DNS Lookup tool can query A, MX and NS records.
- An A record or address record maps a hostname to a 32-bit IPv4 address.
- An MX record or mail exchange record maps a domain name to a list of mail exchange servers for that domain.
- An NS record or name server record maps a domain name to a list of DNS servers authoritative for that domain. Delegations depend on NS records.
Do you have any other queries on the DNS Lookup tool? Reply through your comments here or contact our support team directly.