Avoiding unnecessary notifications during ''Scheduled Maintenance"
There are some occasions when you may want to take your web site, web application or servers offline for some upgrade or maintenance purpose. To prevent your sites or applications from being monitored during the maintenance period, you should configure a maintenance schedule for your monitors and thus avoid unnecessary notifications from Site24x7.
Given below are step-by-step instructions on how to configure a maintenance schedule in Site24x7.
- Log in to your Site24x7 account and navigate to the Alerts tab.
- Click Schedule Maintenance->Add Schedule link. The 'Add Schedule' screen will be displayed.
- Provide details such as schedule name, description, recurrence details (i.e. daily, weekly or once), start time and end time in their respective fields.
- The ‘Available Monitors’ box will display all the monitors present in your account. Select the required monitors and move it to the ‘Selected Monitors’ box.
- Click the ‘Add’ button to complete the configuration.
For example, we have configured a maintenance schedule scheduled to run from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM on Sundays.
Add Schedule Screen
The schedule thus created can be viewed from the Alerts tab under Schedule Maintenace->Schedule Details section. You may edit or delete the schedule settings from this screen or re-use the settings of the schedule for a different set of websites.
You may leverage the utility of maintenance schedules and avoid unwanted notifications during a scheduled maintenance. This helps to ensure that you receive alerts only when there is a problem and not otherwise.