Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Can I try Site24x7 before buying?
Yes. We offer 30 day free trial where you can experience the product first hand and decide which plan to choose. Once your free trial period ends, your account will be downgraded to a Free account where you will only be able to monitor five websites from one location at ten minutes poll interval. You can decide to upgrade to a paid account anytime.
2. What is a Monitor?
Monitor, in this context refers to a website, web application, server, FTP service running on a specific host /port or Web Application Monitor. Site24x7 checks these monitors to make sure your business applications are running well. For pricing, Site24x7 classifies monitors as Basic Monitors and Advanced Monitors.
3. What can I monitor using Basic Monitors?
With Basic monitors you can monitor the following:
- Website (HTTP/HTTPS)
- FTP, SMTP,POP, Telnet, SSH, DNS, Ping etc.
- Server monitoring (Windows / Linux (agent-based))
- Test SSL Certificate expiry
- Each instance of Amazon EC2 / RDS / S3 buckets.
- Each VMWare VM - (VMWare monitoring using the On-Premise Poller)
- Domain resolving (DNS)
- Database monitoring (TCP Port)
- IIS and MS SQL Monitoring (requires Advanced pack or above)
- FTP Service monitoring (FTP)
For example with one Basic Monitor, you can monitor a Linux server's uptime and performance metrics like CPU, Memory, Disk, Network utilisation and processes.
4. What are Advanced Monitors?
Advanced Monitor helps you monitor the following:
- Web application monitor (monitor multi-step web transactions in your service)
- Web page Analyzer
- Mail server Round Trip Time monitoring (basic POP and SMTP port monitoring is a Basic Monitor).
- Each JVM, .NET or Ruby application instance in Site24x7 APM Insight (a.k.a Application performance monitoring)
- FTP upload / download round trip time and availability monitoring
5. How many locations are supported by default in each of these packs? Is there an option to add additional locations?
Most paid packs allow you to monitor from eight locations (One primary and seven secondary locations as we call it). The Basic pack allows you to monitor from only one location. But you get false alert protection because of our in-built three location re-check logic. The Free Account allows monitoring from only one location.
To customize your location options please contact support.
6. Do I need to pay extra for the On-Premise Poller or Site24x7 Mobile Network Poller Android App?
No, both these software components are free. You will only have to pay for the monitors itself. However please note that both these are only present in the Business Pack and higher packs.
7. Why choose Site24x7 over other monitoring services?
First of all we believe we have the broadest feature set in one service that can take care of most of your monitoring needs. Here are some extra benefits:
- Offers Website, Server and Application Monitoring, all in one console.
- Unlimited Users can login to the service in all packs other than the Free, Basic Pack and Standard Pack.
- We charge only per application or server monitored. We do not charge per performance metric.
- No extra charge based on number of On-Premise Pollers. You may install any number of On-Premise Pollers and pay only for the servers or network services that you actually monitor.
- Free Mobile Apps with push notifications to the phone included even in the Free Edition
- Unlike traditional IT Management products, you do not have to make big upfront commitments. You can be pay your bills as operating expenses.
8. What are the different payment options and how do I upgrade my account?
We offer the following purchase options:
- Credit Cards
This is our preferred mode of payment, as credit cards are handled automatically.
We accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover. Payment can be monthly/yearly and can be made by logging to your Site24x7 Account.
- Paypal Account
If you have a Paypal account, you can use it to purchase Site24x7. All you need to do is select Paypal in the Payment Options while upgrading your account. You can use your Site24x7 account credentials and make the payment.
- Purchase Order
You need to send us a Purchase Order (PO) or an email with your Site24x7 account login id, the total amount you would like to purchase, your company name & billing address. Based on this info, we will upgrade your Site24x7 account to paid and also add the required monitoring credits to your account.
You will then be invoiced for your purchase. Upon receiving the invoice, you may pay us within 30 days either through credit card, bank cheque or wire transfer.
To upgrade to a different pack :
- Just select "Upgrade Now" from your Site24x7 dashboard console and select the plan to which you want to upgrade. Specify the monitor details and select the payment options to proceed with your upgradation.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to know more.
9. What are the different SMS/Voice Credits available in the various packs offered?
Voice or SMS alerts allow you to instantly receive critical downtime alerts via
a voice synthesized phone call or a SMS.
Credits (non-recurring) will be added to your account as you signup for the pack.
Credits are based on pay for what you use. Any unused credit will be carried over to the next month.
The table below lists the Alert credits that are available / can be purchased in different packs.
We charge 1 credit for US based voice calls and 2 credits for International Voice calls.
||Alert Credits on Sign Up
||Additional Alert Credits Cost (for 100 credits)
10. Can I change my plans anytime?
Site24x7 offers you the freedom to choose the plan that best fits your needs. You can change your plan at anytime and also decide to customize your plan.
11. How do I reach support?