|Monitor your Email Server performance,24x7
Most organizations today rely on their mail systems more than any other piece of infrastructure. Email is the most preferred mode of communication and also for handling customer support, etc. Any failure of mail servers has the potential to wreak havoc and your helpdesk might be swamped with calls from angry users. What could be even worse is the possibility that you might not even know about this failure. It is therefore vital that mail servers are monitored continuously and any outages detected quickly and resolved.
Site24x7 offers proactive, end-to-end monitoring of mail servers. It can continuously monitor the uptime and performance of your mail servers, both outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (POP,IMAP). Any outages of both the incoming and outgoing mail servers will be detected quickly and email/SMS/RSS notifications will be send out instantly. This will help you take quick corrective action to resolve these outages before your users are affected.
You can also configure thresholds for response time and get notified if the performance of your mail server slows down. This helps in proactively identifying any performance bottlenecks before they snowball into a much serious problem.
The mail server monitor also calculates the email round-trip time (RTT) of your mail server. This is done by sending an email to the mail server using SMTP and retrieving the same message using a POP or IMAP accounts. If SMTP or POP/IMAP fails or if the message is not retrieved within a timeout period, you will be notified instantly.
Setting up a mail server monitor in Site24x7 is easy. You should be able to configure a mail server monitor within a few seconds.
|Mail Server Monitor
With Site24x7’s mail server monitoring, you can:
- Get out-of-the-box monitoring of email servers and take control of mail server management.
- Ensure high availability and performance of your incoming(POP,IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) mail servers.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing mail servers through secure authentication
- Monitor the round trip time (RTT) of your mail server from over 25+ different locations.
- Monitor SMTP(S), POP(S) and IMAP(S) mail server
- View historical and current mail server performance metrics and get insight into the performance over a period of time.
To start monitoring your mail servers, all you need to do is sign
up for a free trial account of Site24x7. No installation required. No software to maintain. Nothing to lose.